Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Developments

Greetings! Just writing a quick note to keep you abreast of what is going on in my travels today. I bit the bullet and finally forked over my information so that I could enroll in the mask seminar with Bruce Marr in Blue Lake, CA through Dell'Arte! Hopefully I've applied early enough that that a spot still remains for me. Keeping my fingers crossed on that note.

Other exciting news, Georgeanna Smith - one time artistic director of the NoExit Theater Company here in Indy informed me today that at their annual budget meeting yesterday, a few whispers about AMSDT were heard...and that Michael Bachman sounded particularly interested. Insanely exciting news! - I'm very glad she gave me that little gem before our first show today. Infact, I do believe my shows today were better for it. ;) Could be something, could be nothing, but the idea that the script definitely got some attention is a glorious feeling.

Soon to come will be newly-sketched puppetry workings for Humbaba -- I've thought a great deal lately about how his legs and head will be fashioned together and have some new ideas. (The "Spider King" in our Sleeping Beauty has gotten me thinking alot about puppetry mechanics and about the possible use of blacklight to make limited resources and rougher-patches look pristine...) Stay tuned.

Sipping Coke Zero and jammin' to Journey,

~Joanna~

"
Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother. "
Kahlil Gibran