Friday, May 16, 2008

Shakespeare's As You Like It

Greetings and hello! I've had one hell of a week so far. Butler University had its graduation ceremony only -6- days ago on May 10th, and yesterday, May 15th, I received word from The City Center Children's Theatre's Playhouse in the Park series, centered in Carmel, IN that I was invited to play Celia and Phoebe in their upcoming production of Shakespeare's As You Like It. Needless to say, I was and still am amazed and ecstatic. This equity production will be directed by Robert Niel - of various IRT production fame and of considerable name throughout the IN area. (I remember him mainly from years of playing Jacob Marley in IRT's production of Dicken's A Christmas Carol.) More to come as far as info goes for the showtimes and the like, but this lady's overjoyed she's a working actor this summer.

In other news, I've been "invited to audition" for one of the three witches in the production of a "scottish play" at IRT...wish me luck...^_~

Thinking the air smells a bit sweeter these days,
~A humbled Joanna Eve~