Monday, February 11, 2008

Maskery






I'm adding a few more pictures of my works as a mask-maker so far in my theatre career at Butler University. Here as some of the masks I've created in the past four years, but not all by any means. Puppets, commissions, and seminar masks have yet to be thoroughly documented, but will be up soon/on the resume website under technical works before long.

The larger, toothy mask is "Kate & Moon" mask, modeled after "Moon Goddess and Demon" - a decorative mask - that was made practical for John Green's production of The Tamer Tamed by John Fletcher. The older man mask, "Gremio" was said character from this show as well.

The bottom few pictures are from Caryl Churchill's The Skriker and feature "The Hag", various characters at the underground banquet (Drink-Drank-Drunk), and myself in the upper and lower right in my "Yallery Brown" mask playing said role in this production.